Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bankable Currency

For the benefit of one in need, a good work is at times to be openly interrupted, or even changed for something better. For if this be done, a good work is not destroyed, but changed into a better. Without love an outward work profits nothing; but whatever is done from love, however so small and inconsiderable it may be, becomes completely fruitful-- if indeed God's reckoning is based upon the goodwill and love with which a man acts rather than on how much he does. ~Thomas a Kempis

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:2,8a

Lord, Your eternal and effective currency is Love. Only with it can one purchase that which lasts forever. Make me rich in Love! Help me to exchange the currencies of this world for it: talent, beauty, knowledge, fame, wealth, worldly security-- all for truly godly love. These earthly currencies are not worthless, for they can still serve, but they are only copper pennies to Your gold. Give me riches in Heaven, and help me see how I may invest therein! Oh God, give me the Gold of Love! Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home