Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not Alone.



See that tiny little white dot off to the right?

That's Earth, as seen by Cassini, from the environs of Saturn. How solitary and alone it looks, how bereft of any company or sympathy in all the reaches of space!

So much noise coming from that little blob-- so much noise. On that tiny little thing hardly bigger than the period at the end of this sentence, God made His appearance, and made himslf known to its inhabitants. Today Jesus sees it and His heart is full of love. His Spirit has enveloped that planet, and actually lives inside some of the beings there.

Cassini can't hear the cries coming from that planet. They are so weak, and there is no sound in space. But God Almighty can, and He has taken thought and action for them. He has called. Some have heard him, and they know to call in return, like lost children. The rest-- they continue to cry.

Psalm 61:1 Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home