Monday, July 11, 2005

The Hope that I Have

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you... I Peter 3:15a

One thing I've overlooked until now in this passage is that it takes place in the context of suffering. At this writing I feel abundantly, even uncomfortably blessed. I am praying for grace in time of need, because I know that a needy time will again appear. May God increase grace in me, that I may endure any suffering with such a steadfast hope as to attract attention to the glory of God.

O God, make me strong while I have abundance. Let me not neglect the feeding of my soul, and the service of others. Help me to not just stop altogether and enjoy the view from this place. I do want to stop from time to time, but I don't want to stay in this place for too long; I don't want to make treasures of the things of this world, wonderful as they are. Help me to give thanks and praise for this place, but "to press on to the goal to win the prize for which Gd has called me Heavenward in CHrist Jesus".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home