Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Promises...

Still getting my head together over jet lag.

Here's a promise that bears some thinking on.

"For the Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels, and then He will reward each person according to what he has done." Matthew 16:27

The natural reaction to this is to get busy doing something "important". I think the whole thing is much simpler than that. I think it's just to be faithful to do the task which is presently at hand. Perhaps that means that I ought to spend less time in front of the computer and more time at the ironing board. If all my thoughts are taken captive, my actions ought to follow. But perhaps my time is best spent at this particular moment reminding myself of His presence in my life, and His right to how it is spent. Sometimes what He wants me to do happens to be what I also want to do. Doing it here keeps me accountable: is this a rewardable activity on which to be spending part of my threescore and ten? Do I really have time for this? Does it make a difference in your day to read anything here? But even if no one reads this, I will have spoken good things to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home