Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What's weird about that, I ask?

Today at dinner my daughter was accusing me of not reading anything except books on scientific illustration. I told her that that was certainly not the case, and that in fact, I am reading three books at once. She loked at me as if I had grown another head and asked how I do that? Easy!

In the morning I read Thomas a Kempis at my morning devotion. After dinner I was reading (I finished it and have to find something else both absorbing and meaty to read-- any suggestions??) C. S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength. Then I toddle on up to bed and spend a few minutes readig Balzac's The Country Doctor. Then I go off to dreamland.

Meg says that's weird, and Ian agrees. Ian said it was like unplugging myself from one spot in the house and plugging myself into another. Or, he said, like people who hide snacks in different arts of the house.

Well, do you think it is weird?? Yeah? Who asked you, eh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleanor, if it's weird I consider you to be in good company. I do it. Almost always. I know lots of people who do it - all of us of wondrous intellect. ;)

Hugs!

me<><

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of us don't want cereal & milk for breakfast, lunch, and dinner--so why should our intellectual food be that way?

Read 'em all and enjoy!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Gryphonette said...

I always have multiple books being read. Can't imagine reading any other way.

IOW, you're normal; your kids, though.... =8^o

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home