Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bits and Pieces

- I love the Vet school sense of humor: On a supply door, a picture of Dracula, with the caption, "Looking for blood?" ...A picture of a hugely disgruntled-looking English bulldog, with the caption, "THANK YOU FOR CARING." ...I went past a small table outside the small animal recovery ward, on which was a life-sized plastic rat with a thermometer stuck in its mouth. On a small piece of paper in front of it was written, "Sit, rat! Stay! Good boy!"

- At some point I am supposed to get a phone and a computer. I tentatively broached the subject with one of the computer guys, who giggled merrily and only said, "When's your last day?"

-DW, my professor, was out yesterday with a sore throat. I sent him an email wishing him to get better, and he wrote back saying that his throat felt like he'd gargled with rusty razor blades. That's what happenes when you have a razor-sharp mind.

- We've had a little platoon of small moths in the house lately; I think they are wool-eating moths, but oh well. Last night Rich had a small glass of port but didn't finish it. Later he found two moths drowned in the dregs. I commented that at least they died happy.

- We've had rain here and the weather is in the upper '40's and low '50's. I love rain in the fall...it makes the colored leaves shine like jewels, and feels so English that I find myself reverting to tea. One only wants to curl up with a cuppa and an absorbing book with a cat on the knee, venturing outside only long enough to get a snootful of leaf-scented wind, a drop or two of rain on one's glasses, and enough of a chill to make the tea taste like ambrosia.

I'm glad to be alive; thank You, Lord!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Has your professor guessed your artwork at the cafe yet?

11:24 PM  
Blogger craigellachie said...

He did! But I had to give him a broad hint. All the same, I gave him a certificate for a cup of tea, which he was outlandishly pleased by, and so was his wife.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home