Friday, February 17, 2006

What to do...what to do...

I think I'm going to have to leave after the semester is done.

By that time I hope to have gotten a handle on Photoshop. They announced my presence in the Vet School newsletter, letting all and sundry know that I am available for free illustration purposes, but it's been two weeks, and no bites so far. In the meantime I'm really getting alot out of my painting class, and am beginning to wonder whether God might wish me simply to paint. One area that's gotten me very interested lately is portraiture. If I can get to the place where I am comfortable with painting and know more about what I'm doing technically, I'd really like to try some portraits. I'd also like to spend some time with a portraitist, and there are one or two locally. One of them, who isn't strictly a portraitist but also a landscape artist, Leo Neufeld, is going to soon do a portrait of the outgoing Dean of the Vet School here. I admire his work tremendously.

None of this is likely to earn a penny, however, unless the Lord is willing. It's not yet time to make up my mind. Meg doesn't go off to college for another year. Alot can happen in that time. But I do think the time is drawing near for change. I already have a landscape location in mind, and am finding myself looking at friends and wondering how I would portray them, and what questions I might ask of others in order to help me know them well enough to do so with insight and expression.

If you happen to think of me, pray for the Lord's guidance in this decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Please post some of the paintings you are working on!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home