Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fear.

At the risk of boring some, I want to encourage others and also myself. If you are truly a believer in and follower of Christ, of what are you afraid? Think about it: what are your deepest fears? Take, even, a scrap of paper and write them down. I will share one or two at the end of this entry. If you feel like it, I wish you would do the same in the comments box so that I can pray reassurance for you.

Now hear God respond to your fears, believer.:

"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. " Genesis 15:1

"...Do not be afraid; God has heard..." Genesis 21:17

"I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid..." Genesis 46:3

This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15

"Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you," declares the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 41:14

This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant... Isaiah 44:2

"Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands." Jeremiah 42:11

"And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them"... Ezekiel 2:6

"Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them." Daniel 10:12

But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God." Luke 1:30

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last." Revelation 1:17

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Matthew 8:26

I am afraid of: Being destitute in my old age...of my children doing things that will ruin their lives...of committing some sin that will deeply hurt someone else...of the emotional pain that comes with the death of loved ones...of losing my mind...and of other things too numerous to mention here.

Wherever I am and in whatever condition, Lord and Saviour Jesus, help me to hear your voice telling me not to be afraid, and help me to remember that you are with me, not because I am worthy of you, but because You have promised this to Your people. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid for my children, mostly. Afraid that the sins of the fathers(parents, actually, as Jim wasn't/isn't as flagrant a sinner as I am/have been) will continue to disturb the children, for four generations.

many more, of course. But this is the biggy right now.

and I'll be praying for you, Eleanor!

**HUG**

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home