Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Freezing Fog

This morning, I stepped out my front door to head out for my run, took one look, and went back inside to get my camera. We are treated to a heavy freezing fog this morning, typical of the first glimmerings of spring in Indiana:






Don't let that picture with the "hills" fool you. This part of Indiana is achingly flat-- it's ancient prairie. But we live on the edge of a huge ravine system that leads down, way down, to the Wabash River below.

The only thing that gets prettier than this is ice-coating, but in some ways I like this better because of the delicacy of it. There are times when living in the woods is nice, even if it means I can't have roses.










3 Comments:

Blogger Gryphonette said...

Frozen fog? Mercy Maud, I've never heard of that before.

Ice coating everything is a treacherous nuisance, but a stunningly beautiful treacherous nuisance.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Silly... 'Ma said...

Beautiful photos, E! Really lovely. Wonder what they'd be like in black and white? I see a series, black frames. :)

me<><

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, how pretty! I haven't seen that in ages!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home