Friday, February 16, 2007

Future English Major.

Having been snowed in for two days, Meg and I finally got out yesterday to do some errands, one of which included going to the most important place in town: the county library. Meg immediately made for the children's section, where she curled up in a corner rocking chair with several fairy-tale books, while I headed for the fiction section. Having found one or two books, I was ready to leave and collected Meg.

I'd just gotten to the desk and check out the books when Meg came up with one more book that she had plucked off the fiction shelf:




Getting out my card again and handing it to the librarian, I asked her, "What's that book about?"

"I don't know."

"How did you happen to choose it, then?"

"The cover looked interesting!"

She spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on the sofa with it, and reported that, indeed, it is a very good book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gryphonette said...

The cover looked interesting???

Meg certainly has a high "interest" threshold, which is a good thing, of course. ;^)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home