Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blizzard!

We finally have some decent snow to justify our low temperatures. It's an ideal blizzard: the power is still on, I got all my week's shopping done last night while Meg was at tennis, and I have spent the morning pampering Rich with baked sweets. Purdue has a snow recess until noon tomorrow, so he and Meg are at home. I made a wicked good pan of oatmeal bars with apricot filling, and two coffee cakes. Above are, respectively, the view from the front and back doors...


It doesn't look so bad from the pictures, but I think there's about six inches out there now and it's supposed to keep on until midnight. Compared to our years in Syracuse, this is pretty tame. But everyone is ecstatic to have real weather for a change and not empty meteorologists' promises. It's practically a state holiday here. I wonder if the mail will make it. The newspaper didn't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gryphonette said...

Wicked good oatmeal bars, hmmmmm?

Tell me all the teeniest, tiniest details. >;^>

Beautiful photo!

4:57 PM  
Blogger craigellachie said...

I made a mistake....the only photo there is out my back door. I'll email you that recipe!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's not snowy here. But it's icy in lots of spots, so this is, what, the sixth or seventh snow day. The wind is blowing, and it feels like 1 degree. Brrr. We might need to cancel Wednesday night activities again, though I would like not to.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home