Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quibbler!

Meg has a friend on her Facebook group for Grove City who is interested in math and art. As she told Meg, she likes to do really fine detailed art. I told Meg to suggest medical illustration to her. Good for someone who can work with computers and loves detail, I said.

Meg said, “She likes MATH, not SCIENCE, and ART. Medical art isn’t ART.”

The next thing she said was, “Stop looking at me as though you wanted to plunge a dagger into my heart!”

Later we continued the discussion over dinner.

"No, you got me wrong," she asserted confidently. "I said it wasn't ART art. There's no deeper meaning to medical art."

"You're wrong", said I, wounded. "Internal organs can be fraught with meaning!"

Only another medical artist would understand. Kids are hopeless.


That girl obviously has a looong way to go in her education.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gryphonette said...

Not that I want daggers plunged into my heart, but I sort of see where Meg's coming from.

Doesn't "arty" art tell a story? It's intended to be evocative, and the object(s) portrayed are chosen for that purpose?

Whereas scientific art is intended to be a precise rendering of an object, not evoking any particular emotion or tell a story?

Don't hurt me. =8^o

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean to tell me, even YOU aren't stirred by a lovely rendition of an eyeball?? You don't understand the pathos of a carefully textured pancreas??

Well! Hopeless! ;>) ~Eleanor

9:26 PM  
Blogger Gryphonette said...

'Fraid not. Sorry.

[sadly] I have no soul. Oft suspected...now confirmed.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home