Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just a Picture.

Daffodils are about the only thing that really grows well here on my patch of densely shaded yard. Since we are heavily treed here, I'll do just about anything to bring some color in to relieve the woodsiness. These daffodils are particularly pretty...the trumpet part gets rosy towards the edge, instead of just yellow. I like interesting daffodils.

During the summer, the only flowers I can grow are those that will tolerate partial shade or dense shade-- and that's in one spot that happens to be my front steps.

Coleus grows well in this patch of light, but I can't get it to grow in the back yard. See those windows? I asked Rich if, for my birthday, he could figure out a way to mount some window boxes. We lave aluminum siding, and he hates putting holes in that, understandably enough. He could do it on the sills, but he is afraid of rot. I'd sure like to get that dilemma solved. Any ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger craigellachie said...

Testing....testing...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Silly... 'Ma said...

What about ... maybe into the shutters? I know, it's a dumb idea, but it's not the window sill and it's not the siding. :)

I want window boxes, too. Faron's putting me off because we're getting new porches. Someday. I suggested that they could just be moved from the windows to the porch railings, but he didn't buy it.

Hmmpfh!

me<><

9:32 PM  
Blogger craigellachie said...

Hm, now that's an interesting thought. Thanks, Cindy!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home