Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Give A Boy A Fish, Teach A Man To Fish

Ian moved to his apartment last Saturday. This may be a good thing-- hard to tell-- maybe he might just be ready for it. I literally forced him to cook a meal in the crockpot last week just before he left us:

Day 1, Me- Don't forget I need you to make a list of ingredients from the magazine recipe of your choice.

Day 2, Me- Don't forget I need you to make a list of ingredients from the magazine recipe of your choice.

Day 3, Me- Don't forget I need you to make a list of ingredients from the magazine recipe of your choice.

Day 4, me- I bought the ingredients. I want you to make the crockpot meal tonight.

Ian- Well.... I really had plans for tonight.

Me- Yeah? What?

Ian- I was going to play Warcraft with my friends.

Me- You can still do that, just make the crockpot up beforehand.

Ian- It will take too long.

Me- Ian, there are five ingredients to this recipe. You dump them in, and put the crockpot into the fridge until morning, take it out, plug it in and forget about it. You can do this, really.

Ian- OK

(Takes 15 minutes to make up crockpot)

Day 5- (dinnertime) Boy, this smells good. Yum (snarf, munch)

Is it possible I have taught him something? He made sure he had the crockpot when he left.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hardest part will be letting him NOT put together that crockpot dinner, once he's moved out.

Ian may well go through a hot dog and boxed mac n cheese phase. He wouldn't be the first bachelor to do so!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home