Thursday, November 24, 2005

Why Me, Lord?

It's really weird to be the mother of a very popular, very godly daughter. After our other guests left we were sitting around talking to close friends in the family room, and suddenly two of my daughter's friends show up at the door! So up they go to her room, which was fine, and the next thing I know Meg is asking me if they can go out somewhere. I told them they could not leave this side of town and that they could stay out til 10, no later. Off they go.

This would have been unthinkable for me at her age. But only because I never got the chance. Not only would any of my friends NOT shown up at my door on Thanksgiving Day evening (I simply wasn't the kind of person people spontaneously invited out like that), but my parents would never have allowed me to hang out like that. I know Meg will be back when I asked her to be, and I know her friends will respect my wishes.

I thank God for a daughter like this, and for her friends like that, on this Thanksgiving Day. She's better than I was, and in many ways, so are they. The lines have fallen in pleasant places for me, O Lord. Thanks be to You!

Edit: She got home at 9:30, and asked if the friends could stay and watch a movie with her. We went to bed at 10, and they sat up and watched two movies. Meg is sleeping in this AM.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gryphonette said...

That's nice to hear. ;^)

Godly children are a treasure, are they not?

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home